Sustained business growth in a contemporary world requires the most talented and skilled workers to help drive quality and innovation.
Need some help with an application?
Globalisation has further lent a helping hand to businesses, such that they are able to source their talent from a global market place.
The UK (as a leading economy in the world) is no exception. The Tier 2 visa category has been designed as a Points Based system to allow foreign skilled workers take up skilled jobs in UK based firms.
What are the Requirements for a Tier 2 Visa Application?
A restricted Certificate of Sponsorship is usually required for entry clearance as a Tier 2 General Migrant unless the job is stated on the Shortage of Occupations List, or, alternatively, if the migrant will be considered as a “high-earner” with a salary on offer of at least £159,600 gross per annul.
The application for entry clearance can only be made after the following are satisfied:
- The sponsor obtains the sponsorship licence (A-Rated)
- Resident Labour Market test – by placing adverts on two advertising platforms for 28 days
- A Certificate of Sponsorship is issued and assigned to the migrant
The entry clearance application requires the migrant to satisfy the following requirements:
- Appropriate Salary – this must be at least £30,000 or the minimum salary as per the relevant Standard Occupational Code (SOC Code) which closely matches the job role
- Appropriate Level – a migrant can only be sponsored in a skilled job at or above Regulated Qualifications Level (RQF) 6. The only exception to this is if the code falls in one of the creative sector Standard Occupational Codes
- English Language – at level B1
- Maintenance – must either be certified by the sponsor company or provide evidence that the migrant has, in their personal account, funds amounting to at least £945, held for a minimum period of 90 consecutive days
Let's Work Together!
We would love to give you advice about your case and ensure your application is successful! Fill in our form by clicking the button below to get your Free Consultation