General Visitor Visa
General Visitor or Tourist Visa is the most common type of Visa issued and applied for in the UK. And are for those people who are coming to visit as a tourist or visiting friends and family.
Need some help with an application?
You can apply for a general visitor visa is you are from outside the EEA and Switzerland.
The most important issue which the Home Office will be wary of is the intention of the applicant, who must show that he or she is genuinely seeking entry as a general visitor and intend to leave the UK at the end of his visit, and there must not be an intention to seek and take employment whilst in the UK.
What are the requirements for General Visitor Visa Application?
– Genuinely seeking entry as a general visitor for a limited period as stated by the applicant and not exceeding 6 months or 12 months for those seeking entry as an academic visitor
– Intention to leave at the end of period of stay as stated on the visa
– Has no intention in taking any paid employment in the UK
– Has no intention of selling goods or providing services in the UK
– Has no intention of undertaking any type of course of study unless it is deemed to be permitted study
– Will maintain themselves financially and accommodate themselves and any dependants that they have without using public funds i.e by relatives or friends
– Can show that they can afford their onward journey from the UK or return to their home country
– Applicant cannot be a person under the age of 18
– Has no intention of marrying or entering in to a civil partnership whilst in the UK
– Has no intention of receiving private medical treatment
You can extend your visa for a maximum of 1,2, 5 or 10 years as long as each stay does not exceed 6 months.
Let's Work Together!
We would love to give you advice about your case and ensure your application is successful! Fill in our form by clicking the button below to get your Free Consultation