Gaining full British Citizenship is considered as the last stage of the UK Immigration process.
Need some help with an application?
Becoming a British citizen allows you to work and live anywhere in the UK without immigration control constraints. Once you have full British Citizenship you are free to apply for a full British passport.
UK Naturalisation is a process that individuals must complete if they wish to become a British citizen. Naturalisation is open to individuals who meet specific criteria set by the Home Office.
What are the Requirements for a Naturalisation Application?
- At the time of starting the naturalisation application be over 18 years old
- Have resided in the UK for at least 5 years (unless you are seeking naturalisation following marriage to a British citizen)
- Have held ‘Indefinite leave to remain’ in the UK for a minimum of 12 months or hold Permanent UK residence status if you are originally from an ‘EEA’ country
- Not have left the UK for a period of over 90 days in the last 12-month period
- Be currently living in the UK at the time of application
- Be seen to be of ‘good character’ – This generally constitutes having no criminal record or having committed a breach of immigration laws
- Meet the English language requirements test
- Have studied and passed the ‘Life in the UK’ test
Let's Work Together!
We would love to give you advice about your case and ensure your application is successful! Fill in our form by clicking the button below to get your Free Consultation