Sports Visitor Visa

Elite level sport is as diverse as ever in the UK, and our team is on hand to advise clubs, individuals and sports agents on all aspects of the UK’s complex immigration legislation.

Need some help with an application?

Free Consultation Request

Fill your information below and a specialist will review your matter and offer a free no obligation consultation.

The information provided will be used to assess your matter and is stored securely for up to 6 months. See our privacy policy on how data is handled. By submitting, you confirm have read and agreed to these terms.

Visas for Sportspersons and Coaches

In most instances a non-EEA sportsperson or coach will need to be sponsored by a club under the Home Office’s Point Based System under either Tier 2 or Tier 5. The club will need to have a Sponsor Licence to be able to sponsor a non-EEA sportsperson or coach and for most sports the individual will need to be internationally established and contribute to the ongoing development of sport at the highest level.

What are the requirements?

For a certificate of sponsorship to be issued in the Sports Persons visa category, the sponsoring club must have an endorsement for the applicant from the appropriate governing body for their sport. The endorsement will confirm that:

The player or coach is internationally established at the highest level; and The player or coach will make a significant contribution to the development of his or her sport at the highest level in the UK; and The post could not be filled by a suitable settled worker.

Let's Work Together!

We would love to give you advice about your case and ensure your application is successful! Fill in our form by clicking the button below to get your Free Consultation